First attempt using KENWOOD Bread Mixer, and using the manual resepi. Menjadi waalaa...seronoknyer kerana menjadi. Insyaallah lepas nie makan homemade bread ajerlah.
Roti nie light crust so...dia tak garing sangatlah, so next time cuba untuk ambik medium crust, kasi crunchy skit. Recipe taken from KENWOOD website..
Basic White Bread
15g (½oz) fresh yeast
or 7g sachet (1½ tsp) fast action dried yeast
300ml (½ pint) lukewarm water
5ml (1 tsp) sugar
450g (1lb) strong plain white flour
7.5ml (1½ tsp) salt
- If using fresh yeast, mix the yeast with half the water and the sugar. Leave to stand for 15 minutes. Place the flour and salt in the Kenwood Bowl. If using fast action dried yeast add with the sugar to the flour.
- Using the Dough Hook on minimum speed, gradually mix in the yeast mixture and remaining water or water if using dried yeast, to a soft dough.
- Set the timer for 1 minute and knead on medium speed, then set the timer for 4 minutes and knead on speed 1 until smooth and elastic. Remove the Kenwood Bowl, cover with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Using the Dough Hook on minimum speed for 30-60 seconds gently knead the dough to knock back. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape. Cover with oiled clear film and leave to rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.